Sunday, June 9, 2013

Malay Wedding

MG and her English husband K were invited to a Malay Wedding recently by their neighbour, and I was asked whether I would be interested to join them.  Yes I would love to and this is the second time I am attending a Malay Wedding.
 
It was only a walking distance from MG's house to the Wedding, on our way, we could hear the drumming noise..it sounded very authentic and welcoming..As we were approcahing the house, I  have to take the opportunity to take pictures prior entering to the house, otherwise I would miss it. 
 
The Malay wedding is a entire different story. As you can see, this is a different arrangement comparing with the Chinese and the Westerns wedding's decoration. 
 
There were already so packed with people. I have heard that the whole Malay neighbourhood was invited..I saw a bus parked not to far away from the house.. So colourful with a lot of decoration and needless to say: lots of yummy delicious Malay food that I would not miss it for the world. 
 
For further understanding regarding the Malay Wedding and the Malay Wedding Food, please refer to the following link http://malayweddingservices.com/malay-wedding/  and the Malay Wedding Food, please read this blog:  http://www.wedresearch.net/2012/12/malay-wedding-food.html

 
 
 
Today I attended a Malay Wedding. At the entrance. It was already packed with well wishes friends, family and relatives. 
 
 
 
 
Look at the yummy food..

Can't get enough of them..





The food in the centre of the table.  They are the typical Malay Wedding dishes are served.  The dishes were Fruit Archar, Fresh Fruits of Watermelon and Oranges, Fried Fish, Mutton Rendang, Fried Chicken and Potato Curry..and naturlig they were served together with Nasi Miyak  uhm..so so delicious..

 
On my plate, I had Nasi Miyak, Mutton Rendang and never in my life have tested such delicious Fruit Archar/ Archar Buah..Well, I have tried to be modest of my serving, but it WAS difficult..


The dessert table consisted of different delicious home made Malay Kueh, Cakes and Jelly..

 So sad, I have to skip these, no room for dessert..after three servings of the above..

No comments:

Post a Comment